Wednesday 20 August 2008

Bringing WWII to life through ICT...



As it is getting ever closer to the start of the 08/09 academic year, I thought that I had better start blogging about things that my students will be able to use in their historical education.

I thought I would start with one of my favourite subjects-the Second World War! This topic is studied in Year 9, along with WWI and Black Civil Rights.

For those students who like to do their own research on the topics they study at school, you will not go far wrong when using the National Archives Learning Curve website. In particular, I am impressed with the World War II exhibition on the website, which brings learning about WWII to life by incorporating animated maps, hundreds of photographs, film clips, sound files and documents into twenty investigations that take you through all aspects of the war.

For those of you who want to improve your historical skills and experience a very interesting period of History at the same time, the WWII exhibition is definitely for you.

No comments: